Dates. They are a social occurrence. Everyone in the 21st century follows the ritual. Well not everyone - men/women who are too scared of conservative families, men/women who think it is a waste of time, men/women who think they are not date-worthy, men/women who simply think they are far highly placed in society to follow a "flimsy" ritual such as dating.
Anyway. So dates are these things that happen, albeit consciously. You make them happen. But the interesting thing is what happens on a date. I have a date today. So do I take her to a good restaurant and chat her up over a four course meal? Or do I take her to the beach and walk down the stretch with her while chatting? Or do I go to some crappy movie and crack jokes about how bad the movie is?
I like going on dates (I've been to numerous because of my liking for dates) because there's a thrill to it but it is always such a pain to decide what should be done in a date. I wish all girls would like sitting in a pub and drinking and listening to music and chatting. It's nice. It's very stress-less. I mean what's the big deal in impressing someone with a picture-perfect setting? She got to like you and you got to like her just the way you are. Why do I need to put up a charade of being this perfect gentleman when I've flaws that'll be out in the open soon enough?
Well that's my take on date nights. Others will disagree. There are all these internet sites and guide books that tell you all about perfect dates. The dos and don'ts of relationship management. I just don't get 'em. I carry forward my dates my way.
Anyway, adios! See you after my date ;P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment