The clouds were hiding the evening sun. It seemed later than it actually was. A shadow cast through the door generated a cool reflective feeling. The cushion rested against my back. My mother lay on the divan.
I was amazed at how much I had grown up. I was struck at how responsible I felt. I was surprised how coolly I thought and expressed. We talked like we never had before. She didn't stop me once from speaking the way I did. She didn't have anything contrary to say to the way I felt about love, relationships and marriage. Of course she thought that the idea of not marrying ever was ridiculous but she didn't dwell upon it for long.
On the other hand I was so cool at expressing what I felt. Not for once did I fear what she or my dad would feel about the opinions I had on some important facets of life. Not for once did I hesitate to speak up. I just kept saying what I felt honestly. I heard what they had to say. We didn't argue for once. We did what I had asked for a long time. We discussed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment